Best things to do in Switzerland
There are many places to see but Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Switzerland is a mountainous area situated in the European country. Over here visitors can enjoy lots of lakes, mountains, and the peak of Alps to see. The visitor who loves snow covered mountains and cold temperature should visit here. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge. The Swiss watches, perfume, chocolate and many more things are popular so that visitors can buy and take home memorable gifts with them. The nearest major airport is Euro Airport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg(EAP / LFSB).
This airport has international and domestic flights from Saint-Louis, France and is 8 KM from the center of Basel, Switzerland. On this airport, many international airlines run their flights to and fro to different countries. So it’s very convenient to reach Switzerland. The best months to visit the Switzerland are best from June to October because in these months its summer season. In summer season visitor can see the beautiful view and can enjoy skating.
- Lake Zurich is the finest lake in the world. This lake is surrounded by the park. Over here visitors can do boating in this lake. The view of the lake, especially while boating, is stunning. For boating, the visitor can hire paddle boat or boat with the driver. The local people come here to the lake to enjoy a picnic. On the bank of the lake, visitors can have a small walk and can enjoy ice cream and enjoy the romantic scenery.
- Zoo Zurich is one of the best zoos in the world. The visitors traveling with kids will love to visit this place. They can spend half days in the zoo and enjoy watching animals. The zoo is well maintained and the animals are kept in a very systematic way. In the zoo, there is a restaurant where visitors can have delicious food. The best part is to see the animal when they are fed by the team.
- Old Town (Altstadt) is a place where visitors can walk around and can enjoy the old church and old architecture here. The visitors who love to see the beauty of architecture must visit here. Over here visitors can enjoy meals from the restaurant on the way. There is a lake near old town and water of the lake is crystal clear. I recommend must visit this place.
- Uetliberg Mountain is a place where visitors can have beautiful experience while going. The view over here is magnificent when we climb on the tower. This place is away from the city due to that visitor can inhale fresh air. Over here visitors can eat the snack in the restaurant.
- Seibahn Rigiblick is the antique looking cable car here. The visitors who love to see the sunset from the hills must visit this cable car. This cable car run on electric and while traveling on it there is a beautiful and life time of an experience. The visitor had to wait for six minutes for next cable car. I recommend must visit.
- Zoological Garden is a place where visitors can collect information regarding the fossil of animals, plants that lived at one time. The team working in this garden explains how the plants came to the surface. Many of the fossils look like real. Sometimes many visitors feel fossils as a live dragon. In this garden, there are mountain caves where the fossils are kept. The visitor visiting with kids love to visit here and student can collect lots of information. I recommend must visit this place.
- Church of Our Lady (Fraumunster) is one of the oldest churches in the old town of Zurich. To enter the church we have to pay the small amount to enter. But will love to see the old and beautiful architecture inside the church. There is colorful and beautiful stain glass window. While walking tourist will enjoy the architecture of the church. I recommend must visit this church.