Indian Railways: There is very important news for railway passengers. Every day lakhs of people travel by train in the country, in such a situation it is necessary to be updated with the rules related to railways. Many times you have to cancel the train ticket even after the preparation of the train chart due to an emergency. But even in this case you will get refund of ticket cancellation (Indian Railway Refund Rule). Giving this information, Indian Railways said that even after the chart is prepared, if you cancel the train ticket for any reason, you can still claim the refund.
IRCTC gave big information
IRCTC, while sharing a video on its Twitter handle, said that Indian Railways gives refund for cancellation of tickets without traveling or partial journey. For this, you will have to submit the Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) as per the rules of the Railways .
How to File TDR Online
- For this you first go to the official website of IRCTC www.irctc.co.in.
- Now go to the home page and click on My Account
- Now go to the drop down menu and click on My Transaction.
- Here you can TDR the file by choosing one of the options from the File TDR option.
- Now you will see the information of the person in whose name the ticket has been booked.
- Now here you fill your PNR number, train number and captcha and tick the box of cancellation rules.
- Now you click on submit button.
- After this you will get an OTP on the number given in the form at the time of booking.
- After entering the OTP here, click on submit.
- Verify PNR details and click on Cancel ticket option.
- Here you will see the refund amount on the page.
- On the number given on the booking form, you will get a confirmation message containing the PNR and refund details.