Best things to do in Mussoorie
Mussoorie is a very popular Hill station among the north India. The people from North India love to spend their summer holidays in Mussoorie. It is only 35 Kilometer away from the Dehradun. This hill station is in the foothills of Garhwal Himalayan range. The nearest railway station is Dehradun and tourist can get many connecting trains with metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, etc. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport. It’s only 60 KM away from Mussoorie. The visitors can hire taxis from both railway station and airport. The prepaid taxis are also available there. The climate of Mussoorie is most suitable from month May to June. In the month of July and August, there is the rainy season. Those who love snow or winter must visit from November to January.
- Company Garden is a beautiful garden in Mussoorie. This garden is well maintained and had many things to do. The visitors can hire rickshaws or taxis from the main Mussoorie. The visitors visiting with kids will love to visit here. There is a small artificial lake where boating is done. Many children rides are also available at very less price. The garden has beautiful flowers and trees. The restaurant here is clean and visitors can enjoy Indian foods. I recommend must visit this place and enjoy rides with kids.
2. Kempty falls is beautiful fall near Mussoorie. Here tourist likes to take bath under the water fall. The visitors need to carry the undergarment or swimming costumes with them. The lockers are available where tourist can keep their clothes and goods in that. This fall is 15 km away from Mussoorie. The water of the fall is very cold and after bath visitors love to take coffee or tea nearby restaurants. I recommend must visit this place. Visitors usually hire the taxi from Mussoorie to visit this place.
3. Gun Hill is a spot which is situated on the height of Mussoorie. The easy way to reach this spot is rope way which runs from the center of the Mussoorie. The rope way runs straight up to the height. On the way, the view is very beautiful. The visitors can enjoy meals in the restaurant. The local shops provide traditional dresses and they even offer food and taking the photos. The shop employees ask the visitors about their hotel and rooms number. Next day after developing the photo they deliver the photo to the visitors in the hotel room. I recommend must visit this place.
4. Mall road is popular among tourist. There are many shops and hotels on the mall road. There are many restaurants and shops for shopping. Visitors love to do shopping on the mall road. Shopping and meals are also easily available. The vehicles are not allowed in the day so most people love to walk on the road. The benches are kept on the way so that visitors can sit, relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. The climate here is very beautiful and at anytime fog come in the air.
5. Jawahar Aquarium is the place where visitors can see the different species of the fishes in the aquarium. This aquarium is very small but many species of fishes are kept. The kids will love to see the different species of the fishes. I recommend must visit this place.
6. Wax museum is newly opened in the company garden. After enjoying the kid’s rides, visitors can enjoy seeing the puppets made of wax. Many popular people like Charlie Chaplin, Mahatma Gandhi and many more important people wax puppet are kept here. The visitors will love to take pictures with them. I recommend must visit this place.
Latest posts by TravelOmama (see all)
- 8 Largest Shopping Malls in America You Should See - November 1, 2017
- 6 Best Places to Visit in USA for Christmas - November 1, 2017
- Five Reasons to Spend Christmas in Puerto Rico - October 31, 2017