The Rann of Kutch, a unique region in Gujarat, is one of the largest salt deserts in the world. This remarkable place with its surreal landscapes is a photographer’s delight, and has in the recent years grown popular as a destination for offbeat travel. If you want to know the best time to visit the Rann of Kutch, read on to learn why you should visit the Rann during the Rann Utsav, the great Rann Festival held annually.
Reasons to visit the Rann of Kutch during the Rann Utsav
- Weather: The Rann Utsav takes place during the winter months, from October to February. This is really the best time to visit the Rann of Kutch, when the weather is pleasant and perfect for sightseeing.
- Accommodation: If you visit the Rann of Kutch during the Rann Utsav, you will have access to the best options for stays really close to the White Salt Desert. These include places like the luxury White Rann Resort, offering air-conditioned tents and mud bhungas with all the expected modern conveniences, which are set up especially for the Rann Utsav. If you prefer greater comfort in your choice of accommodation, then the Rann Utsav is definitely the best time to visit the Rann of Kutch!
- Sightseeing: Rann Utsav packages come with many included and optional sightseeing tours of other interesting places nearby such as Bhuj, Dhordo, Mandavi Beach, and Dholavira etc. This allows the interested traveller to experience other places in Gujarat apart from the Rann of Kutch, in the same trip.
- Shopping: The Rann of Kutch is known for its colourful crafts and intricate artwork, and the Rann Festival is a celebration of all things Kutchi. No wonder therefore, that visitors to the Rann Utsav get multiple opportunities to explore the stalls set up by local craftsmen and artisans and take back beautiful artwork as souvenirs.
Read More: Rann Utsav: Experience Gujarat’s Unique Rann Festival
- Cultural immersion: The Rann festival includes daily cultural and musical performances, which allow the visitor to really get a deeper idea of what this spectacular region and its culture are all about. This is another reason why the annual Rann Utsav would be the best time to visit the Rann of Kutch, especially if you wish to bring your family with you.
- Full Moon dates: The White Rann looks particularly ethereal during the night of the Full Moon. The best way to get a glimpse of the Rann during the Full Moon period, is to plan your stay at the Rann Utsav during these dates. Imagine being able to look out over a literal sea of gleaming white salt desert, under a full moon that shines as brightly as the sun! Some things in life are worth seeing in person.
- Adventure: For the rest of the year, the Rann of Kutch remains largely unvisited, and known for its animal and bird life. However, during the Rann Utsav, you can get to enjoy a variety of specially organized adventure activities here, such as Para motoring, parasailing, Segway rides, ATV rides, camel cart rides, etc.
In addition to the above, MakeMyTrip’s Rann Utsav packages offer many advantages to visitors wanting to visit the Rann of Kutch, such as comfortable accommodation, the option of adding private transfers and flights, and an exclusive candid photoshoot at the Great Rann!
No wonder, then, that the Rann Utsav period tends to be the best time to visit the Rann of Kutch for most travellers!
Read More: The 10 Secrets of Kutch
Plan your visit to the Rann of Kutch now with these Rann Utsav packages.